Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Rainy Day Fun

Have you started decorating yet? How do you involve the kids, without going crazy? Do you have a favorite ornament, or decoration, and why is it your favorite? Do you listen to holiday music when you decorate, or do you find yourself singing along to Sir Mix A Lot’s “Baby Got Back”? Do you have any decorations that have been around since the dawn of time?

Yes, I am still here, and have a lot of catching up to do! Here is my response to this weeks Rainy Day Fun question.

No, I have not officially started decorating yet. I have done a couple small things, I put bows on the small banister we have at the bottom of our stairs, and I put the holiday towels in the guest bathroom (because we have a guest tonight!). We are going to get the tree this coming weekend.

I am actually very excited to include Trinity in our decorating this year. She helped me with the bows. I bought a gingerbread making kit at the grocery store and plan to make it with Trinity this coming weekend. I look forward to making those types of memories and starting some traditions. I remember making cookies (Candycane cookiest!!) every year with my mom when we were kids.

I don't really have a favorite decorating or ornament. At some point when I was little someone decided to starte getting me angel ornaments, so I have a lot of those. I love stockings, and the stocking holders (don't ask me why!!).

I listen to holiday music and often add in a favorite holiday beverage when decorating! Even as kids, we would drink cider or egg nog or cocoa when decorating. It puts me in the spirit and mood!

I have some ornaments that have been around 30 years!! Not exactly the dawn of time, but those are the oldest ones I have.

Please, my blog readers, tell me about your decorations???

No comments: