We are doing great!! Trinity is going to daycare in her panties and coming home with the same panties. She will usually get a diaper (or someone elses Princess pull up) at nap time. She has even done nap time a couple times in her panties. One time resulted in an accident and apparently Trinity was very upset about getting her panties wet. She seems to be holding her poop. We are trying to work on it, but by the time she gets home I think she is extremely constipated and uncomfortable.
I have been reading a couple different books to get ideas on night time potty training, and traveling. We have a couple road trips coming up in February, and look forward to the new adventure. And, Trinity gets a weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Cooper in February, and I am sure they are looking forward to the new adventure!! The books I have read are:
Potty Training for Dummies
Diaper Free Before Three
I would say both are good books. Both take a very different approach to potty training, and I would say we have done a combination of the two. We bought a potty seat when Trinity was not quite yet 18 months. I believe her first time going on the potty was end of December, 2006. Just barely over a year later, she is wearing panties daily and having very few accidents.
I have to say, neither book has extensive information on potty training for working moms. Potty Training for Dummies has the best section of the two, including a suggested plan to take to the childcare provider. We have been very lucky to have teachers at daycare that are eager! When Trinity moved into the next room at the end of December, that is when potty training took off. Being around other kids going potty definitely helped! I would love to see a book someday that devotes more to the working mom. But Potty Training for Dummies is good. It also focuses on a weekend start up, that can work well for working moms.
This post is starting to sound like a ramble! So, I will stop it now! I just wanted to share our potty training experience with family, friends, and any mom's out there also going through it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment