Monday, June 16, 2008

Wine Notes

I decided in order to help me remember all the wine we bought while in Hood River I needed to keep notes! So, as we drink them I will add notes to my blog, then you can enjoy them with me, and I don't forget them!!

6/16 - Cor Cellars Alba Cor - This wine is a mix of Pinot Gris and Gerwuztimener (sp??). It is awesome!! It is not real sweet, and not real dry. We had it with pizza last week with my mom and dad after we returned from our trip. They both liked it too. I loved our visit at Cor Cellars. Cor means 'heart' in Latin! I asked where he came up with the name Cor. Cor wines can be found in most PCC's, and a variety of different wine shops. The owner is young, and the winery is fairly new, however, he seemed to be very involved in sales and was one of the few wineries that told us we could find their wine in the Seattle area.

6/16 - Hood River Vineyards Riesling - Yummy! We opened this over the weekend to have something to sip on. I remember this wine from our tasting. The reason I think I remember it so much is it has a distinct oak taste to it. I can smell the oak barrel when I drink it and taste it a bit. I like that! I liked this winery, it was small and intimate.

6/18 - Knipprath Cellars Matrix Port - This one didn't come from our trip to Hood River but from Spokane! Knipprath Cellars is an awesome winery with a tasting room in the Spokane Valley. It is an old school house and the lady that does the tasting is so much fun! We discovered it years ago while living in Spokane and always took out of town guests there. We now have others hooked on their ports! They are to die for! The Matrix is so good! One of my favorites. I have late meetings 2x a month and a small glass of Matrix Port to sip on is just what I need to relax and unwind!

No comments: