One week ago today I was recovering at Stevens Hospital from gallbladder surgery. On Friday about 1am I woke up with what I thought was gas pains, tried Tums, Pepto, and after Jason went to 7-11 at 3 am tried Gas-X. I started getting sick to my stomach and was having a fair amount of pain. I went to my walk in clinic on Saturday morning and they sent me for an ultra sound. They found I had three stones in my gallbladder. My dr got in touch with the on-call surgeon. She called me at home at about 7pm Saturday and we chatted a bit. I might add, she was at home too, and was so awesome, loved her and was told later at the hospital I was pretty lucky to have her as the on-call surgeon that weekend. She wanted to check in again at 7am Sunday to see how I was doing. I was still having pain and she suggested we go ahead with taking it out. I got Trinity to my parents and Jason and I were off for the hospital. By 9 am I was checked in and by 11 am in surgery. Jason says Sunday is the day to get sick, the hospital seemed empty! The ultrasound had not shown any inflammation, but when they got in it was a different story. My gallbladder was quite large and inflammed. I heard a nurse say in recovery it was enormous. The surgeon told Jason I must have had a pretty high pain tolerance, to not have been in more pain. They were able to do the surgery laproscopic, but the incision to actually take the gallbladder had to be larger due to the size of mine. They decided to keep me over night. I had nice visitors and got to watch the Oscars, almost uninteruppted! I spent a week in bed at home, and by Thurs and Fri I was up moving around a bit more. On top of this, I was planning a baby shower for Saturday, so my loving husband got to order the cake and pick out decorations!
I am headed back to work tomorrow and just taking tylenol. I am also trying to watch what I eat and eat less fatty foods to help my digestive system adjust. I have to wait four weeks to lift anything over 20lbs and do any ab workouts or put any strain on my ab area.
No comments:
Post a Comment