Yesterday was a long day, and I think I got less sleep last night then I did the night Trinity was born! I am typing this right now in our cool family resource room (ped units are awesome!)
Surgery was actually moved to 8am, so we had to be here at 6:30am. They gave her a little sedative so she wouldn't cry when they took here away from us in the crib. Oh, I think mommy needed that sedative too!! I did very good, and held back the tears, until they got her out of the room and our of my sight! Then, the tears flowed! Even Jason cried a little bit. (break: I feel like I am doing a birth story again!!). We went and got breakfast (hospital scrambled eggs suck!), then went back to the waiting room, they wanted us there so the social services type person could update us. The nurse in the OR would call her periodically to update us. She fell asleep great! They also did a caudal (sp?) which is like an epidural in her tail bone. The Dr. came in to talk with us about Noonish. Basically, the dr has never seen a ureter quite like this one! It was implant low in the bladder, and had an extra lobe of ureter, almost as if another had tried to form (which I guess happens). So, she cut off the whole bottom part of it, tapered it, and re-implanted it where it should be. We then got to go back to the recovery room. She was just waking up.
Now, things got a little crazy. From the anethesia, etc., her lungs were constricted, so when she woke up and started to cry, her oxygen levels dropped (sorry if this freaks anyone out), and as theyhanded her to me to hold her, I noticed she was a little blue on the hands. Then all the nurses started running oxygen into her face, and they had to do a nebulizer treatment to open up her lungs. All this time, she is sitting on my lap, and I was having to try so hard to fight back the tears and re-assure her. We got through that part! And finally got moved up to the pediatric unit for our stay. They also gave her some drugs(slipping my mind right now, pain drug that starts with an M!!). So, when we got to her room, she fell asleep about 2:30pm, and slept until just past 5:30pm. Jason went to the hosue to get some things, and get us dinner (didn't ever really eat lunch).
The night was good, she woke up a couple times, I think she slept better then Jason and I. We got a good laugh out of the fold out chair Jason was sleeping on, I might take a picture of it tonight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment