Well, Trinity got up for the morning about 7:30am. Jason got maybe an hour total of sleep, I got maybe 2-3 (I even slept through one of the vital signs check ups!).
This morning has been good so far. The Dr came by this morning to check on her. Said she looks good!! HER URINE OUTPUT IS AWESOME!! That is a good sign things are going good inside! She is a little bloated and gassy, so they gave her something to help that. She had a couple doses of morphine to help her through the night, and then tylenol this morning. She got to try to eat. Ate about 1/4 of a pancake, and some peaches. They said to hold off on milk because she is gassy.
The peds unit has these very cool wagons! So, we took Trinity for a couples rounds around the floor this morning, and this afternoon we are going to try and take her to sit and play in the play room for awhile, the dr wants her to move around alittle bit today. Her IV is in her foot, so she can't really walk, but the nurses said we could try to have her stand.
Speaking of the nurses, they are great!! A cpl booboos along the way, but I only knew because the Dr was there, and kinda chewed out the nurses, I love our Dr!!!
(it is actually Sunday now, and we are home)
When I got back to the room from updating stuff, Trinity woke up and was pretty congested and wheezy. I was worried about her oxygen again, she didn't sound very good. So, they did another breathing treatment, but her oxygen levels were fine. After that we kept a humidifier by her, to help clean out the congestion.
This is when the fun began! We were moved to a different room, and ended up with a roomate. Lovely! The parents weren't all that polite, their cell phones would ring, and they would sit there and talk on the phone, always seemed like when Trinity was trying to sleep.
We did try to take her to the play room. She sat down for a little while, played for about 5 minutes, then got cranky, so we went back to her room. She did good, ate some yogurt, and snack type foods. My mom got here that evening. Trinity didn't eat all that much for dinner. And a rough night was about to begin! Our roomate had more nurses in and out, and turning lights on, and cell phones ringing, lasted until 8pm or so. Then it was tough to get her baack to sleep, she was in and out of sleep. At about 1am we ended up giving her some morphine, even though we had made it all day without. We also gave her some medicine to help with bladder contractions. She was definitely in pain. I had never heard her cry of pain before this week, but there is definitely a difference. She was also very tired. They also had to flush out her bladder, because it seemed like the catheter wasn't draining very well. It was great after that!
So, because of sharing the room, we didn't have as much room to sleep. Jason was on the short little chair/bed again. I started on the rocking chair, but our nurses were awesome and they really wanted us to have something more comfortable. One nurse earlier in the day said only one of us could stay there. For families that live in town, that is their policy. Personally, I think that is crap. Just because we live in town doesn't mean we don't both want to be there. And I am glad we were, because making decisions like morphine or no morphine is something I was more comfortable to do together. They really left a lot of decisions about the non-required drugs up to us, sometimes it was a hard decision to make. So, anyway, I ended up with this very loud leather recliner!!! I had trouble getting it recline, and it just made me laugh more than anything!!! It is amazing what you find humor in after no sleep!!!
Trinity woke up for good about 7am, and just in time for the Wiggles!!! Ate a great breakfast, and seemed to be much happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment