We planned to get up early and head to Toontown Morning Madness today. However, Trinity had trouble with her cold, coughing and wheezing during the night. So, we took it slow getting up and getting ready.
We woke up to rain! We were ready, Trinity had a new slicker, and we had two $1 ponchos from Target. And an umbrella. We headed out to attempt to catch the ART. We decided to instead spend the time walking instead of waiting! We put one poncho over Trinity and the stroller and my mom used the other. I had a rain jacket on.
Once we got to the park we first did the train around the park, took time to dry off! Shortly after arriving in the park my mom bought a poncho! I bought mine later in the day!We took our time today and slowly hit some rides as we strolled through the rain! We stopped for hot chocolate and convinced Trinity to ride Pirates of the Carribbean. She covered her eyes for the first half, but I got her to start watching the brighter parts with more songs. She didn't seem to mind the drop, but did not like the dark. We also hit some of the Fantasyland rides and walked through Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I have to say that was very dark and Trinity did not like it, though she is fine through the movie. Also, the rain made the stairs in there very slippery.
We met some friends for lunch at Storytellers Cafe in the California Lodge. I ordered the Corn Chowder, it was AWESOME!! It had chicken in it and was so filling! This was a great place for 5 kids under 4 and three moms, one dad, and a grandma! While inside at lunch the rain started coming down very hard! Wow, we were glad we were inside. We went into the lobby of Grand Californian and ran into Chip and Dale! They danced, it was too cute! Once we were back outside the rain was gone.
This was the only day for us to catch the Pixar Parade, so we headed to Disney's California Adventure. By now the rain has slowed down and the sun was peaking out! My mom really wanted me to do Soarin' over California and Trinity was too short. It was pretty cool, fun! While I did that they looked around at the Cars Characters and found the front waterfall under the Sun! Trinity loved it! Next we headed to Bug's Land and did every ride in there. Trinity and I did the Bumper Bugs together (don't remember official name), and my mom did the others with us. What fun! We caught 'It's Tough to be a Bug'. Trinity didn't exactly like it. I almost got up too soon, you gotta stay sitting down at the very end, and feel the bugs leave!!! Caught me off guard! This show was 3-D, Trinity DD ended up watching it without the glasses. After Bug's Land we headed to the Muppet 3-D show. Trinity has seen just about every Muppet Movie, so I was excited for her to see this show. Again she did not like the glasses. She loved the show though! And a full size Jack comes out, how fun! We did have preferred seating for both shows, but did not need it with the limited crowds. Part way through our time in DCA they announced the park would be closing at 6pm due to inclement weather. I loved my mom's comment, "in Seattle we call that rain"!! It was somewhat windy. At this point I started worrying about the fireworks. They did still do the Pixar Parade, it was great! What fun!
After that we headed over to Disneyland and of course did the Carousel again! We also did more Fantasyland rides and did Dumbo! Trinity loved Dumbo! We did find out the park was being closed early and the fireworks had been cancelled. I heard a cast member say they were closing due to weather and low park attendence (this was on President's Day). We decided to walk back to the hotel and get dinner at the hotel. Children eat free at the hotel. I was so exhausted at this time. And could not wait to crash! And it was only about 7pm! The next day was Early Entry and less rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment