Trinity's teacher has been keeping a portfolio and notebook of different things Trinity has done in Preschool. Wednesday is her last day of Preschool. I can't believe how much she has grown, not just in pictures. I looked through the stuff that came home today and decided I needed to summarize it all in once place. First, somethings I have noticed: she can now write her name, something she could not do in September, she asks all kinds of questions and wants to know the whys and hows of life, she is completely potty trained (yeah!!), and she is a very caring person and making friends!
Some of the things in the portfolio are drawings (or early days were scribblings), so I will explain them. This is really more for me, but wanted to share with all you too!
First, her notebook:
9/5/08 - Trinity says "I like writing my name", at this point her teacher had to write her name on the sheet.
9/10/08 - She draws something and says "This is my playing at the park"
9/17/08 - She draws her friend
(not all have dates!)
She uses her hands "for clapping"
10/15/08 - From her field trip to the Pumpkin Farm "I saw a house with an animal inside"
12/10/08 - Going to imagination express "I see a hippo"
1/7/09 - Snow story "I love playing in the snow. I love playing in the snow at my house"
I want to be a "snake when I grow up. I want to be a bunny rabbit"
1/28/09 - drawing of a pretty flower in her neighborhood.
2/11/09 - Bus field trip "I saw some more bussess. I saw people and cars. I learned I pay play money to get on the bus"
3/5/09 - Toy box, "My toy box looks like a crab"
3/17/09 - Leprechaun story "The leprechaun goes to different rooms on the stairs. He brings jelly beans and chocolate chips."
3/20/09 - This is the first time Trinity wrote her name. Not toally legible, but if you look you can see it.
Taking care of the earth - "worms and ants take care of the earth. I don't hurt worms or ants or beatles"
I want to know "how do bees make honey" (her name is written on this one by her and much more legible)
Her Portfolio:
The first page has two drawings of Trinity's self portrait. The first is from 9/3/08 and is a few scribbles of colored marker. The second is from 5/22/09 and is a head, two arms, two legs, a face, and she wrote her name!
A truck of shapes "my truck is special to me. It drives on the road. It goes to the store. It picks up food and berries. It plays with me and cars"
"I want to be a ballerina and a teacher"
"I have a green house with a lot of grass" (hmm, must be her other house!!)
Interview:
Name: Trinity
What makes you special: "My special thing is food because I like to eat"
How old: Three
Who is family: Daddy and Mommy
Favorite food: Lasagna
Favorite thing about Preschool: to color
There is a page with a picture and a quote. For those that do not know, Trinity has an imaginary brother that she talks about ALL THE TIME!! Here is the quote: "This is my kinda picture story that shows how I work and play at school and do excitement. I know my brother's in my imagination so he doesn't talk very much. When he goes to school with me he does whatever he wants to do. He's older he's almost six".
Favorites:
Holiday: Easter
Thing to do: Potty
Subject: learn about spiders and worms
Sport: Basketball (hmm, go figure!!)
Story: Cinderella
Food: Maccaroni and Cheese
Color: Pink and Purple
Name: Trinity Princess Moore
That is it! I love having these things to remember how she grows throughout a year! I started a scrapbook at the beginning of the year too and hope to finish it this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment