



Last year Trinity went off to Preschool at Soundview School. She had been in daycare since 3 months old, and we always called it "school". But, last year was the first time she went off to real school, with a backpack and all the whoopla!Today, Trinity started Jr. Kindergarten at Soundview School. Last year, she had 10 kids in her class, this year she will have 15. Her teacher seems great and the teaching assistant that was with them in Preschool has moved up to Jr. K.
Our morning today went a little like this:
First, I must write about and share the excitment Trinity had last night! She was bouncing off the walls around bed time, she was excited to see her friends! We laid out her first day of school outfit and got her new shoes out. She took a bath so she would be all clean! This morning she was SO excited! After a good nights sleep she woke ready to go! I had decided to go into work late so I could part take in the first day of school activities! She got breakfast, then got dressed. All by herself, of course! She proudly came out to present herself and she looked too cute! One of her friends has the same shoes we got her, cute black mary jane type shoes. Now she is referring to her shoes as "____'s" shoes, like that is what they are called! Kinda cute, but we kept telling her they are Trinity's shoes on her foot!
While she was eating breakfast I made her lunch. Something I rarely get to do. I am usually at work by the time that happens. She had a peanut butter and jelly bagel, baby carrots, pudding, and milk. Jason and I debated the plastic ziplock bag vs. tupperware debate. It was an interesting argument he had, if we have to wash more dishes, is it really better to use tupperware? All the "green" things I read say use reusable containers, but what about the extra water we might use to have to wash more dishes? Anyway, she ended up with tupperware. And we had to make sure she knew those needed to come home with her. We shall see!
Next, it was time for the obligatory picture in front of the front door! Last year I started a small scrapbook, one page for each first day of school, has enough pages to get through High School! She will also have a Jr. K scrapbook, I did one for Preschool too. We got a few good pictures with her backpack and a couple without. I gave in this year and we got her a character back and lunch box, they have the Disney Princesses on them.
Soon, we were off, loaded into Jason's car, yelling to make sure she did not walk on the grass in her new shoes, who am I kidding, they will probably come home today not looking so new! We had her backpack, emergency pack, and the items to share with the class (kleenex, clorox wipes, and tape refills). We got there and she saw one of her friends right away, and was so excited to get out of the car! Again, announcing she had on "_____'s" shoes!! The minute we got into the classroom, her excitement was gone. She found her cubby and we put her backpack in there. The minute I heard her teacher say "to prepare them for kindergarten" in explaining how they do something, I lost my excitement. Wow, to hear that, and hearing her talk about preparing them for kindergarten made me realize where I will drop her off next year. Trinity got very clingy at this point. Only one of her friends from last year was in the classroom at this point. But one of the new girls in her class was at her day camp this summer!
At this point her teacher came and asked her if she wanted to hang on her. If nothing else, that got Trinity's attention and she let go of me and we said bye and she was fine!
Jason and I got in the car, and Yes, I CRIED! I cannot believe my baby is no longer a baby. Okay, so I knew she was not a baby, but still!!
I can't wait to hear how it went!
No comments:
Post a Comment