Sunday, July 20, 2014

Whale Watching

I was reading the paper one morning at work and there was an article about all the whales feeding out on the coast. Moss Landing State Beach was apparently the best place to go. So, I begged and pleaded and drug Jason and Trinity out there on Saturday.  I do not regret it one bit! We took our picnic lunch and with my zoom on my camera I was able to get some decent pictures. We saw way more than I could catch on camera.  The whales were pretty close to shore and as you can see, people even took their kayaks out to get close. 
There were too many pictures, so I made a slide show:



We then drove north up the coast and discovered Capitola. I think I am in love! So far, I would say this is my favorite beach town we have seen.  It was too cute! We walked around and had a snack before heading home.  This is all only an hour from our house!






No comments: