Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Monkey Bay and Recanti



Thank you Liza for the suggestion of the Monkey Bay Savignon Blanc. I went to buy it and not only was it very affordable, it had a very cool label!! I loved the label!!


I tasted it last night with my homemade Italian Turkey Sausage pizza on a wheat flat out wrap. It tastes great and I can't wait to have another glass tonight. Some white wines I am not always fond of, they sometimes tend to leave an after taste. This is a good wine though!! I just found it on a website to find a picture, and it labels it a "Partywine". I would have to agree with that. I think it would be a great summer BBQ/Party wine!


Thank you Liza! I love new suggestions!!!





I also wanted to share with you the Israeli Merlot Jason and I had bought when in Ocean Shores for our anniversary. I could not remember the name of it when I posted about our trip. I got a chance to sneak to the Wine Shoppe in Ocean Shores while there this past weekend. I bought another bottle and I can't wait to drink it! We are saving it for a special dinner or something!!
I also had the chance to taste some new wines while there and bought a Spanish red to try. I had a great Syrah from Chili, but they were sold out when I went the next day, that is how I ended up with the Spanish red!! I will get the name of the Syrah and post about it. They are ordering me some to ship to me!!!

2 comments:

Bananas said...

Hey- I noticed you added the Seattle Mom Blogs button to your page! Yeah! Are you in the seattle area? If yes and you'd like to be added to the Seattle Mom Blogs blogroll, just let me know and I'll add ya! Also email me if you'd like to be a member! We're looking for good members. :) Cheers!

Liza | @aMusingFoodie said...

Funny that you say that about the wine, it was the wine my sister chose for her wedding. The wedding was outside on my parents' farm in July, so perfect for a "party wine!" I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm not much of a white wine drinker either, but something about this particular brand/type is absolutely delicious. I've tried other Monkey Bay flavors, but none are as good as this one....

Liza