Monday, October 29, 2007

Rainy Day Fun!

My new favorite place to read blogs, Seattle Mom Blogs, recently introduced new columns. One of them is Rainy Day Fun.

Here is my answers to today's questions to make you think!


How long have you lived in Seattle? Why here, of all places? Where else would you live, given your choice, and why?

I live in the Seattle region because that is where I grew up, so I guess I don't have a choice, right?! Okay, so I do have a choice! I could have stayed in Spokane forever, and taken my daughter to the same parks and one museum and no zoo for the rest of her life.

Or, I could live somewhere that offers experiences for my daughter and a better quality of life for our family. Seattle is a beautiful place and with all the beauty you cannot help by be happy to live here. Yes, the traffic is horrible and I would trade the traffic for Spokane traffic any day of the week, but it is not all about traffic. It is about the beauty, the culture, the people, the coffee shops, family, the parks, the museums, the concerts, the great food, and on, and on!

Where else would I live? Boston! I love Boston! I love the history of Boston and all that is available. I spent one week of my life in Boston and I fell in love, yes, love at first sight does exist! I know, none of the reasons I love Seattle! If I could change where I live within reason, I would live closer to Seattle, in a cute neighborhood within walking distance to great food, wine, and coffee. But, the suburbs will do for now! (and it is what we can afford for now!).

2 comments:

Erin said...

This city does make me smile! There is no other city quite like it! Glad your loving Seattle Mom Blogs!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for participating!! I have yet to truly experience Seattle, and I really look forward to it. I find myself more and more in love with the place every second! I love the culture, I love the museums... *sigh* Yeah, Seattle is good. :)