Friday, October 21, 2005

Missing Mommy

Since I went back to work I always try to feed Trinity right when I get home, not only to help my supply, but also to keep a bond with her and remind her I am home and I came back to her. I have noticed, she tends to linger at the breast a lot longer than she used to. It comforts me and helps me to know she misses me (or at least my breast!!) while I am at work. I am so glad I am still breastfeeding and have that bond with her each evening. I feed her when I get home, then after I put her pj's on I feed her right before bed.

Yesterday my mom introduced her to her socks!! She showed me when I got home, Trinity was holding her sock (off her foot) in both hands just looking at it, it was very cute. I might try to find some smaller toys she can do that with, then it won't get quite to boring just holding her hands together and staring at them, but that seems to keep her occupied for quite awhile!!

She loves reading books now, especially ones with big pictures. I have a couple with a animal on each page and the sound the animal makes, she just stares at them as we go through the book.

And lastly, she is becoming quite the basketball fan!! And more specifically, a University of Kansas basketball fan!! Those that know our family well know that college basketball season is a 4 month long holiday in our home!!! Last Friday Jason was holding her and when Kansas Midnight Madness came on, she suddenly stopped crying and watched the whole thing, then when they went to Kentucky, she started crying again!!! Last night Jason was helping her dunk the little basketball we have into the hoop hanging on the door!! He loves it and has already decided she will play basketball, preferrably at Kansas!! I would prefer soccer myself, but she can still go to Kansas!!!

That's it for today, signing off!

No comments: