Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Trinity update

Trinity has added some new things to her life, so I thought I would share. First, she will no longer stay on her back! She wakes up on her tummy, and if I put her on her back to play, she is on her tummy within minutes. She has rolled from her tummy before, but can't figure out how to get back to her back after rolling, so gets a little frusturated. She is waking up in the morning often up against the side of her crib. I am glad the bumper is there, but at the same time, it makes me a little nervous. We'll see how long I keep the bumper on.

She is also blowing rasberries!! She just started doing this over the weekend. It is hard to explain, but it is the cutest thing!!!

Lastly, we tested out the high chair yesterday! I was standing at the island in the kitchen eating soup for lunch, and she was laying on her tummy just staring and watching me. I decided to put her in the high chair for the first time so she could more easily watch me. She was very happy and content. I think she likes seeing things from this new angle, and not just from the floor. The book I have been reading, "What to Expect in the First Year" suggests having the child sit in the high chair before starting feeding, this allows her to get comfortable before starting something new. I plan to start feeding her rice cereal next week (watch for that cute pic!!), then will gradually get into more solids!!

No comments: