Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mommy and Me at Woodland Park Zoo (and Mother's Day weekend)

Waiting for lunch (watching cousin Caitlyn eating and wondering where hers is!!)

The Giraffes!


Trinity and I looking at the penguins


The Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle has a Mommy and Me every year the Saturday of Mother's Day weekend. Trinity and I made the 4 hour drive alone from Spokane to Seattle. We had a blast! The trip to the zoo was on Saturday. We started by scouting out the elephants. They weren't in the elephant barn, so we walked through the elephant forest to find them. There were three of them out in the field! Two started to walk away, one (the larger of the three) started walking right at Trinity and I! She grabbed on to me a little bit tighter! Then we sent to see some wild birds that are chained to a stool of some sort, some owls and an eagle. She watched them and was very into them. Then it was off to the komodo dragon, I held Trinity up by the glass, and she started waving at it!! It was so cute!! Then we ate lunch, and lastly we saw the penguins, she was every into them, one even pooped in front of us! We didn't get a whole lot of time there.

After the zoo we went to my Grandma Joan's church for a Mother's Day tea. Grandma had a blast introducing Trinity to people. This was the church my mom and dad met at and we attended when I was a wee little one. Trinity was awfully tired by then, but she was quite the trooper! We got a nap when we got home.

Trinity said what I consider to be her second word (I would say first is dada, she says it all the time!). On Sunday morning she said Pa directly to my dad a couple times. It was too cute!! She also tried to climb into a chair, but just stood on it instead!

The drive both directions was great, Trinity is a great traveler. I was very nervous leading into the trip, but she did great!

Playing with Grandpa, Trinity is in their toy bucket! Grandpa was pushing her around the room!

No comments: