Monday, November 12, 2007

Girls Night Out!

Stacie and I

The Crocodile Cafe


Vanessa Carlton
Vanessa Carlton performed last night at the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle. Stacie and Dylan came up for the weekend and Stacie joined me. This is one girls night out where everything that could happen, happened!
* We left late (Jason thought I was not changing my clothes from my normal scrubby Sunday attire!)
*I-5 was backed up in Seattle! As the traffic started to slow, my gas light came on
*I found gas and a bathroom
*We wanted to get in the venue as early as possible, and we still needed to eat dinner.
*Drove by a very cute looking thai restaurant, and decided to find parking and eat there.
*We walked into the restaurant, Jai Thai. (Edited to add: from the website it looks very cute and it sure smells good, I might have to go back to give it another chance!) They told us they were full, however we could sit in the bar. Apparently at this restaurant if you sit in the bar, you don't get service. We got plates and menus, and sat there quite awhile without anyone coming to take an order. So, we left.
*Walked down a couple blocks, saw some sketchy people.
*Decided to eat at Zoe. Very cute little classy restaurant.
*We didn't understand half the names of stuff on the menu, but settled on a dish called Gnadi, after being told they were cheese dupplings, and showed us with his hands the dish had 6, each about the size of a softball. And we got a pear salad to share.
*The "meal" came and the gnadi was 5 very small cheese dupplings, each about the size of a large marble! And the salad was kinda small. I have to add thought, the food actually tasted very good and the entrees looked good sized.
*We eat our appetizer, and got in line.
*While standing there chatting, a garbage truck comes plowing from the alley across the street towards the alley we were standing the driveway too. It was obvious people were standing there, but the driver must have felt it was easier to plow us over. No, we didn't get hit, but come on dude, give us a warning!
*We get in and enjoy the opening act, Graham Colton. He was great!
*Then, more people started showing up and pushing there way into personal space! Stacie let this one guy have it!
*After the show we went to get desert, and it was taking forever. The waitress comes to tell us they were out of brownies. Well, neither of us ordered a brownie! So, I got a free desert!
We finally got home at 12:30pm and felt like two very unlucky people!
But, the show was absolutely awesome. Vanessa Carlton puts on a great show and I felt she sounded better live then on CD.




No comments: