This blog is a story about the family of Jason, Marsha, and Trinity Moore. It is mainly about Trinity, our daughter. We hope our family and friends will be able to follow along as our family changes and I hope to have this for Trinity to some day read.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Night time potty training
We potty trained Trinity at about 2.5 years old. She was ready and it went quite quickly. She has always been one to wake up very wet, so I was afraid night time potty training would never work. I started reading up on it and we started working on a plan. A few weeks ago she stayed the night with my parents and was up three times to go potty, and woke up dry. So, we started waking her up through the night, playing around with the times. Last week we only woke her up once, at about 9:30 p.m. She is usually asleep by 7:15 p.m. and sleeps a full 12 hour night. All week she woke up dry and went potty first thing in the morning! I was so proud! This weekend we went and she picked out big girl panties from the big girl section at the store!! They are an XS 4/5, so a little loose in the top, but fit good. She has had three mornings in a row of being dry. I do not know how to go away from the 9:30 p.m. wake up, but we might start slowly moving it earlier each night. When she wakes up in the morning she can sometimes chat a bit and walk around before going potty, so I am assuming she is not waking up needing to go to bad that she has to run into the bathroom. It is so nice to know no more money will have to be spent on pull ups!!! We are totally done with the diaper/ pull up stage of parenthood and I couldn't be happier!
Labels:
Potty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She looks very cute :-) I am sure she completely enjoyed teh big gal underpants after mastering potty training :-)
Post a Comment