Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I know I am a couple of days late, but better late than never, right?

Thanksgiving this year brought with it extra emotions for me.  Just days after Thanksgiving last year my mom suffered a mild stroke while on the first leg of my parents' 5 weeks trip to Texas.  They were in Anaheim and ready to go see the Mouse.  A couple of months later Jason was officially unemployed and within a few months we had no job and could not figure out where the mortgage would come from, so we put the house on the market.  In July, my dad was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma.  Around the end of July, I felt like I could never find anything to be thankful for. 

Well, come Thanksgiving, I found a lot to be thankful for.  We sold our home, were approved for a short sale, and found a great home to rent! My mom is doing good, and thanks to many prayers from family and friends everywhere my dad is doing great and fighting his illness.  His being sick really opened my eyes to the amazing network he and our family have. 

Thanksgiving day was great! My parents cooked a Turkeducken and other great food, and Trinity and I made desert! We made pumpkin pie and eggnog cheesecake.  Mmmmmmm!!!!! 






The last picture is Trinity coloring with Jason while waiting for dinner! We got her the new dress for Thanksgiving!

No comments: