Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Nice Little Hike

Today, I decided I wanted to take a hike. Oh, and check out the Crate and Barrel close to us! Back home (I keep calling Seattle that, I hope to eventually call here home, not there!) the closest Crate and Barrel was a good full 45 minutes with traffic. Here, it is not quite as far. And, I found out there is a Crate and Barrel Outlet in Berkley, which is a 45 minute weekend drive, but well worth it!

Trinity and I explored downtown Walnut Creek. It is a cute downtown, with cool, more mall type stores.  It was a somewhat breezy day. We decided on a day hike in the foothills around Mount Diablo.

We packed our lunch and ate it at a picnic table with a perfect view of an equestrian center. Trinity loved getting to watch people practice jumping on their horses. Then, we went on a great hike!

 
 
 
 
We saw some beautiful scenery.  We also had fun watching a herd of cows slowly make their way across the hill!
 

 
 
We hiked up a nice hill!
 


 
Then, took a rest!
 
 
And made our way back to the car!
 
We had a great time and enjoyed our hike! I can't wait to make it up to Mt Diablo, but a fall hike might be better for that, once the weather cools a bit!
 

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

I've only hiked a bit once and driven up Mt. Diablo once, but I've heard its best after a good rain, which clears the air and let's you see really far!