Sunday, May 11, 2014

Vacaville and Jelly Belly Factory





Our trip yesterday was a last minute decision. I wanted to drag Jason and Trinity to the Crate and Barrel in Walnut Creek. We quickly walked through one in Palo Alto last weekend and I discovered there was one only 15 minutes away. It was decided I would need to go on that adventure myself!

I had been wanting to get to Vacaville to the outlet mall there because they had an Ann Taylor Loft Outlet! So, we headed that way yesterday.

Across from the mall was a cute little village. We found lunch, a carousel and a little train to ride!







Before leaving home we discovered the Jelly Belly Factory would be on our way home from Vacaville. We surprised Trinity with that stop! Jason has had a nickname of "Jelly Bean" for Trinity since she was young. We had a great time learning about how they make Jelly Beans!

2 comments:

Jeanine said...

Haven't been to the Vacaville outlet, but there is also one in Livermore (E of Dublin & Pleasanton, speaking of which during the hot summer, the big indoor mall in D/P is nice). If you go to Livermore, make sure stop by the cute downtown and have some ice cream at Loard's! Lots of wine tasting there if you like to do that and want to avoid the tourists in/drive to Napa/Sonoma. Pleasanton's downtown is pretty nice, too, but I haven't been there in years.

Moore Family said...

Oh, we already hit the Livermore Outlet too! I wanted the Loft and Ann Taylor though and they are not at the Livermore one! We will have to check out the downtowns of Livermore and Pleasanton too. Is the mall the Stoneridge? We made a quick stop there and need to go back to walk around.