We spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the strip. We saw the dancing fountains at the Bellagio and did some gambling at the Paris.
In the evening we headed to the Orleans Hotel, which was connected to the arena the basketball tournament was in. We headed to TGIFriday's for dinner. I was exhausted, but excited for the game!!!
We arrived at the game early, hoping to meet Dick Vitale. He is THE college basketball announcer for ESPN. I love watching him, and he makes basketball season exciting for me! We had read he would be there, and Jason had heard he was very friendly. Sure enough, we caught him at a perfect time and his PR guy helped us get over to meet him and we got this great picture of Jason!
Tonight Kansas played Florida. Florida is the defending National Championship team. I knew it would be a good game, but Kansas had to play better then then played Friday night. WHAT A GAME!!! This was one of the best games of basketball I have seen in a long, long time!!! It was awesome! It was almost like a home game for Kansas. Being a Kansas fan is definitely addictive!! All these fans travel so far to see them play! As you can see from the score board, Kansas won!! It was great! Jason and I were both so excited!! (he was much more so then me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment