Duck Pond Cellars is located between Newberg and Dundee, OR on Hwy 99. I must admit, I have never wanted to visit there before. I enjoy visitng small, boutigue wineries that are lesser known and not as commercial.
On our recent trip to McMinnville, OR we were coming through Newberg and I knew I wanted to stop at some wineries out of Dundee. I told Jason this was right off the highway, so we decided to stop. As we walked up to the building he made a comment he didn't like the atmosphere so far.
I AM SO HAPPY WE STOPPED!! We started tasting and their wines are great! I found out quickly that they are associated with Desert Wind in Eastern Washington. I love Desert Wind wines! I found it interesting most of their Duck Pond wines were listed as Columbia Valley. We apparently had just missed some fans traveling from Minnesota to watch St. Thomas get beat by Linfield! We had a great tasting experience and purchased a couple of wines. They had a great Pinot Noir!
No comments:
Post a Comment