When we decided to go down to McMinnville I started looking for a hotel room. On Sunday I looked at the Red Lion and Comfort Inn by the hospital, well, I think the visitng team used those hotels, because on Monday they were booked. I had looked at McMenamins, but wasn't so sure about staying in a hotel with shared restrooms. Well, we priced it and you couldn't beat the price. So, we tried it! I am so glad we did! McMenamins Hotel Oregon has a rooftop bar and cellar. After checking in we headed to the rooftop bar. Now, I must say, the rooms are kinda small, but quaint. Oh, and one small detail I did not mention to Jason until after winery #2, there was NO TELEVISION!!
I loved the rooftop bar when I was in college, and was so happy they put up tents with heat for the cold winter nights. You can't beat watching a winter sunset and snacking on chips and tater tots! Happy Hour there cannot be beat! Wow, great prices!
We decided to walk around a bit and get me a coffee. Willamette Valley Vineyards recently opened a tasting room in McMinnville. They had some wines free to taste, but nothing that jumped out at us, except the port we tasted. WOW! We decided not to purchase, because was kind of expensive for a small bottle, but I just might have to track that down sometime!
We had dinner in the pub at the hotel. This was after checking out the cellar bar and it was kind of wet smelling. I had the Edgefield Resiling with dinner and it was awesome! We ended up purchasing two bottles after breakfast the next day. We headed back for a night cap to the rooftop and back to our room.
I had my laptop with me, so thanks to Pandora we had some music and without getting into detail, I will add the walls are very, very thin!
The next morning we had breakfast in the pub, and it was great!! Then, it was off to the FOOTBALL game!
No comments:
Post a Comment