Gotta love 'em!
I am curious, what is your child's school sick policy?
Here is my frustration. For background, Trinity had a very, VERY mild fever on Saturday, 99.6, so mild they were still willing to give her the flu shot, but did suggest round the clock fever reducer. So, I picked some up, we did it, and Sunday she was fine. Well, Trinity likes the attention of being sick sometimes. Monday morning she said her tummy was upset, but we didn't really believe her, and she tried to convince us the fever reducer would cure her ailing tummy (medicine is medicine in her eyes). We sent her off to school. It was one of those days I sat and waited for that phone call to come get your child. And sure enough, about 1pm the call came. Trinity had thrown up after lunch and was complaining of an upset tummy. Jason went to pick her up, then I came home about 3pm so he could go to work for a couple hours.
Now, the frustrating part. Trinity felt fine. She was happy and her regular old stubborn 3-year-old self!! She maybe had a slight fever and we did a little fever reducer. This morning her temp was 99. She keeps saying she feels fine. We could have sent her to school today. However, her school said if she vomits, she needs to stay home another day. RIDICULOUS! So, now Jason is home today, I went home at lunch so he could go jog. We are very lucky he has the flexibility in his schedule. Trinity is probably bored. Tomorrow she will get to go to school, but Thursday and Friday are conferences, so no school (stay tuned for my first parent-teacher conference report!!). OH well, but very frustrating!
No comments:
Post a Comment