Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trip down memory lane





While at Linfield last weekend I took some pictures of some places that hold very fond memories.

Picture #1 - This is where I lived Sophomore year. It was called South Hall at the time. It is now Mahaffey Hall. When I lived there it was really the South end of the campus. Now, there are all kinds of new dorms and buildings south of there, and what they now call Keck Campus. In 1999 (yes, a long time ago!!) when I graduated it was an old Hewlett Packard facility and the college purchased it.

Picture #2 and #3 - This is Hewitt Hall. That is where it all started! I was assigned to live in Hewitt Hall my freshman year of college. I was randomly matched up with a great gal from Aloha, OR! Stacie Hoyer (now Martin) and we ended up living together the entire 4 years. The second floor was girls, the first and third boys. The floor I lived on (duh, second!) was awesome! What a great group of gals!

Picture #4 - There is where the Old Oak once stood. Picture #5 is the other side of the Oak Grove. This area of the campus is one of the qualities that first drew me to Linfield. This past winter the Old Oak was lost in a wind storm. Here is the press release about the loss. Some may laugh and say oh it is just a tree, but to anyone that knows Linfield knows this was like loosing a member of the family!

Fall 1995-Spring 1999 were some of the best years of my life. Now I have all kinds of new exciting things happening, but the people and experiences I had at Linfield have truly made me who I am today! Thank you Linfield!!

(sorry this turned so sappy!)

No comments: