Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 2 - June 13

Our first day!!! I wanted to get to Disneyland right when it opened. Didn't quite make it, but pretty close. Park opened at 8am, we arrived shortly after that.

We walked to the park, never onced used the shuttle, and Trinity was so excited! Last time we visited Trinity wasn't tall enough for Thunder Mountain. We walked on the ride, waited all of 5 long minutes! She kind of liked it, but thought it was too fast and never did it again! We maybe should have waited on it, but she had fun! Jason went again really quick by himself, since the first time he was holding on to Trinity for dear life! We stood where we could watch him! Next it was over to Winnie the Pooh, and to try Splash Mountain. Another new one for Trinity. She was okay with it, not too sure of the drop, and did not like getting wet. It was early, and a bit overcast, so should have maybe waited. But we were so excited about no lines! Trinity never did that one again either, maybe next time.

Next we did some tamer rides, including Dumbo, It's a Small World, Pirates, Tarzan's tree house, and Jungle Cruise. We also did the Storyland boats, since we had not done that last time. Trinity got to sit up front. What a cute ride, and loved the stories! Oh, and of course, the Carousel!

We decided to do the Golden Horse Shoe review with Bill and the Hillbillies. Jason and I split the fish and chips and Trinity had a power pack (Yogurt, milk, string cheese, apples, and whole wheat goldfish crackers). I must put in a plug for the power packs, I think they are healthier for kids than fried chicken nuggets, and that was the only other option. We watched the show for a bit before deciding to head back to the hotel. We had Trinity lay and rest at the hotel for 30 minutes and hit the pool. We decided to get some appetizers at the hotel because we had a late reservation for World of Color Preferred dining.

After the rest and swim we headed to Disney's California Adventure! We saw our first character! Minnie in her pilot outfit! Trinity would not go by herself (she was back and fourth with this all week), so we have a nice family picture with Minnie!

Jason and I both wanted to try Tower of Terror. Trinity was tall enough, but did not want to do it, and I think it would freak her out. We decided to try child swap, MISTAKE! The reason she did not want to do it was because it would scare her. I wish we had known she would have to ride the elevator with us. The elevator freaked her out a bit. Once up there though it worked out. After Jason was done they brought him out the maintenance door back to the line where I was waiting. He went back in to the exit when they let me on. I loved it! Jason was so-so (he thought a later ride on it was better).

We got fast passes for Screamin and both tried MailBoomer.Trinity enjoyed watching us each do the rides and encouraged us to take turns! She was too cute!

We wasted some time looking around and did the Catepillar ride in Bug's Land. We also caught the Pixar Parade. They changed the route since last time we were there, so I am so glad someone overhead us talking about it and mentioned they had changed it.

After we decided to go this week I found out World of Color would be starting June 11.  I decided we would have to take advantage of any dining package so we would not be stuck trying to get in to see it or something. 

We had a 7:40 reservation at Ariel's Grotto. We tried to check in early and they would not let us. We finally checked in at 7:30. We were seated probably around 8:00. Service was actually pretty quick.

We had two choices for the appetizer. I was bumbed about this, I had loved the appetizer for the Princess lunch last year. Jason did not want the clams, so we got the veggie and cheese. I wish we had gotten the other, oh well. I ordered a fun cocktail with an ice cube that glows! I got to bring it home! Fun toy!

When we left the restaurant to get in line the 9 pm show was starting.  Jason was tempted to stop and watch the first show because Trinity was getting tired. I REFUSED!! The preferred dining line was not very long, I was surprised.

They let us in, and Trinity and I stood in one good spot, while Jason walked around to make sure we had a good spot. We ended up just above the circle fountain area at a rail. We had a great view! No one in front of us, and figured it would be perfect for Trinity. Here is the view from our location:


The show was way too loud. Trinity did not like the noise level, and Jason had to hold her most of the time. We were back far enough to see it all (another hint picked up from online!), and did not get wet! The show was great (will add later my comparison to Fantasmic). Jason thought it was okay, but too loud. Really, we should have done the first show probably, even with a rest, Trinity was tired.

No comments: