Saturday, June 12, 2010

Disneyland, Day 1!

June 12 - Today was travel day! Started out with a stupid decision on Jason's part, but oh well! This trip had a lot to do with convenience!

I had a coupon for MasterPark at the airport. It was $59.95 for 5 days, and $12 for each day after that. Pretty good deal, if you ask me! Jason decided to just check on how much it was to park at the airport. He went through, got a ticket, kind of hard to turn around now, and I saw the sign, $130 for 5-7 days. YIKES!!

Oh well!  Trinity and I sat together and Jason was the row in front of us. Trinity was difficult to keep occupied, but she was very well behaved! We arrived and rushed through the airport with 5 minutes until the Disneyland Express left and we would have to wait another hour. Perfect timing! Thank goodness we did all carry ons!

We stayed at the Anabella Hotel. Great hotel. Only issue is next time if we stayed there we would ask for a second floor room. The people above us were loud and probably anyone would have made the same amount of noise. I was a bit surprised when we checked in and I had an envelope with a voucher for 2 classic breakfasts for each morning!! I had recently become the hotels friend on Facebook, and wonder if that is why I was treated! We only used it once, we had brought our own oatmeal for breakfasts, and found that to be quicker when we were trying to get out the door.

For dinner we walked down to Anaheim GardenWalk and met my cousin Shannon and her boyfriend Tam at the California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. When we first got there we walked around a bit. There seemed to be a lot of empty stores and it was not very busy. Not sure if the place is just slow to get going or what, but I was a little surprised. CPK was great! Jason and I shared a Club Pizza, loved it!  It even had lettuce on it!  Trinity had a kids pizza and only ate half, so Jason got the other half! 

We were in bed by 9, and laid in better at 9:30 listening to the fireworks from Disneyland! Never actually went outside to see if you could see them, but they were sure loud!

Could not wait to get to the parks the next day!

Anaheim is hosting the Baseball All-Star game and has Mickey's throughout town decorated for the different teams.  There was one at the GardenWalk:


There was also this really cool mural at the GardenWalk:

No comments: