Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 3 - June 14

This was Monday and we planned to sleep in after a late Sunday. We decided to start our day in Disney's California Adventure.

First, I have to share these pictures. I just loved these flowers are our walk to and from the park every day!


Also on the walk through Downtown Disney Trinity wanted to throw coins in the fountain. I noticed this sign and thought it was pretty cool they had a plan for where all the extra pennies would go!:


Jason and I rode on the Grizzly River Run, Trinity was unfourtunately less than an inch too small. We were kind of bummed. So, we watched Jason ride:

He did not get very wet, lucky him! He wasn't all that thrilled with the ride, nothing special to him. I took a turn next while Trinity and Jason headed for Toy Story.When I got there they still had 20 minutes left to wait. We finally got on. Trinity rode with Jason and I rode alone. Trinity did awesome!! Here she is showing off her 3-D glasses:

My cousin that lives in LA (that met us Sat night) decided to buy an annual pass, so met us for a bit today. After Toy Story Trinity wanted to try the Jumpin Jellyfish. My cousin was nice enough to take her on that while Jason and I jumped in the single rider line for Mulholland Madness. Wow, what a jerky ride! We got done about when Trinity and my cousin finished and Trinity wanted to go again! So, we all did Jumpin Jellyfish together!
We headed over to try Soarin Over California, what a fun ride! After getting out we got our pictures taken with the Cars!

We had a 2:00 reservation at Carnation Cafe so we headed there. My cousin walked with us and we shopped a bit on Main Street. This was the hottest day of the week and we were all a bit hot and tired. At Carnation Cafe there was a good size line, thank goodness for reservations! We did not wait long to get seated. Jason and I split the veggie and cheese sandwich and Trinity got the peanut butter sandwich platter.  She had two pieces of bread, one with peanut butter on it.  She had small cups, one with grape jelly, one with bananas, one with raisins, and one with mini marshamellows.  She was able to make her own sandwich! What a great kids meal idea! Trinity loved it! We all liked the food and were impressed the chef came out and asked us how we liked our meal.

After lunch we headed to the hotel for a rest. We made Trinity lay down and told her to rest 30 minutes. She kept asking how much longer, and suddenly it was quiet. She got about an hour nap in! We had Fantasmic that night, so very happy she rested!
We headed back to the park about 5ish, hoping to get dinner before getting in line for our Dessert package. On our way back Jason posed with the Atlanta Braves Mickey (he is an Atlanta fan):


We did Winnie the Pooh again and headed to Hungry Bear for dinner.



It was about 6:45pm and we headed over to find the Dessert package podium. We talked with the gentleman and decided to wait. He recommended our seats to us, 5, 6, and 7. It was funny, when the woman started to check in she started to put us in 1, 2, and 3. And we asked her to move us based on his recommendation. 5, 6, and 7 are middle, front! Perfect seats!! Jason went to do Indiana Jones while Trinity and I hung out in line. The nap helped her attitude and made her very talkative and perky! She was talking about everything to everyone! After getting our seats we went to change Trinity into long pants and I put on a long sleeve shirt. We got to our seats and were waited on immediately. AWESOME service!! We got a dessert box with yummy desserts and crackers and cheese.  We also got drinks, soda, hot chocolate, tea, and coffee.  I had tea, Trinity ordered hot chocolate.  It was too hot, so she got a water, Jason drank my tea because he was loosing his voice, so I ended up with the hot chocolate!
We enjoyed Fantasmic! Jason felt it was better than World of Color. I would have to agree with him. Trinity loved it! Oh, we had bought her ear plugs earlier in the day, so the noise did not bother her like World of Color had. Afterwards they announced the fireworks were delayed. We hung in our seats for about 10 minutes and they started. I couldn't see Dumbo or Tinkerbell fly. It was slightly windy, so not sure if they decided not to fly them due to that, or after we got to the hotel we heard about the earthquake that was centered in San Diego about 9:26pm, and wondered if that was what caused the delay and no Tink or Dumbo.

Got back to the hotel earlier than the night before! We were all exhausted! And DH was starting to loose his voice!

No comments: